Get Planning Spaces - funding to plan places to play
This program is now closed.
The Get Planning Spaces program (formerly the Sport and Recreation Planning Program) is now part of the Get in the Game initiative. The program provides funding to Queensland based state level sport and active recreation organisations, local governments and other relevant peak organisations to develop quality, evidence-based sport and recreation infrastructure planning documents.
Departmental funding contributions are up to a maximum of $100,000 depending on the organisation type and geographic location of the project. Organisations may also be required to contribute towards the total project cost.
- Round 1 is now closed for applications
- Announcement of successful projects in June 2018
- Successful projects can commence from July 2018.
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply for funding are:
- state level organisations or state level sport or recreation peak organisations incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 1997 (Qld)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- local governments constituted under the Local Government Act 2009 (Qld), the City of Brisbane Act 2010 (Qld) and the Commonwealth Aluminium Corporation Pty Ltd Agreement Act 1957 (Qld).
Organisations must also be compliant with all requirements for any projects currently funded by the department.
Who is not eligible to apply?
Individuals and organisations NOT eligible to apply for funding are:
- local and regional not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations
- not-for-profit organisations that do not have a primary objective relating to sport or recreation
- unincorporated organisations
- for-profit groups
- religious groups
- political organisations / government departments
- schools / TAFE colleges / universities
- national sport and recreation organisations (except where no state body in Queensland exists)
- Queensland government agencies.
The following projects will be considered as eligible*
State Wide Facility Planning
Planning from a state sport/recreation industry organisation that seeks to identify and prioritise facility needs across Queensland
Regional Recreation Planning
Planning that serves a regional purpose with strategies and priorities identified for the development of active recreation opportunities (e.g. walking /riding) trails across local government borders
Regional Sports Facility Planning
Planning that serves a regional purpose with strategies and priorities identified for development of sporting activities across local government borders
Local Sport/Recreation Planning
Planning that identifies strategies and priorities addressing community needs for sport/recreation facilities across a local government area
Sport and Recreation Precinct Master Plan
Planning to develop a comprehensive master plan that will provide direction for the long term development of a specific site
*Other plans may be eligible at the discretion of the department
Checking your submitted application
You are able to check the status of your application by logging into the Enquire system. You need to log in to your applicant portal account (current user) and go to the ‘My Applications’ section.
For further information contact your Sport and Recreation regional office on 13 74 68 (13 QGOV).