ActiveKIT round 2 is now closed.
ActiveKIT (Knowledge | Innovation | Technology) is an exciting initiative to come out of the Activate! Queensland 2019 – 2029 strategy providing $4 million in targeted funding in round 2.
The ActiveKIT initiative is a call to action to ‘shift the dial’ on investment in the Active Industry to drive physical activity participation in Queensland.
The initiative, delivered in collaboration with Health and Wellbeing Queensland, aims to encourage better utilisation of knowledge, harnessing Innovation and leveraging Technology to enable more Queenslanders to be physically active more often, and to strengthen the capability of organisations to provide products and services that get Queenslanders moving.
Read the ActiveKIT guidelines for more information.
- Applications open: 21 July 2022
- Applications close: 18 August 2022
- Successful projects can commenced upon execution of a funding agreement with the department: October 2022
- Program period complete: 30 November 2023
- Outcomes reports and final acquittal: 30 January 2024
The objective of ActiveKIT round 2 is to support innovative solutions within the active industry to increase physical activity opportunities for Queenslanders and contribute to system-wide capability improvements.
We will support organisations within the active industry, including startups or small to medium enterprises, to trial and implement new and innovative products or services that respond to the challenge; increase physical activity participation of Queenslanders who are insufficiently active, by either:
- enabling opportunities for inclusive physical activity
- enabling opportunities for flexible and social physical activity.
We have developed the story behind the challenge which provides further data and information on the issues faced in the industry and how ActiveKIT will respond to the challenges.
- Email SportRecPartnership@dtis.qld.gov.au
- Contact your local Sport and Recreation Office