Minor Infrastructure and Inclusive Facilities Fund
The $45 million Minor Infrastructure and Inclusive Facilities Fund helps to make sure local sport and active recreation facilities are safe, accessible, inclusive and more efficient.
The program supports new and upgraded facilities to meet local community activity.
There are two categories for eligible projects:
- Inclusive and Accessible – changerooms and amenities that meet universal design principles.
- Safe, Quality and Efficient – field of play and ancillary facilities to meet activity requirements at a community level.
|27 September 2023||Applications open|
|16 November 2023 5pm AEST||Applications close|
|March 2024||Successful projects/applicants announced *|
|November 2025||Project completed|
|30 January 2026||Project acquitted and reports submitted|
* Approved projects cannot commence until a legal agreement has been entered into with the department.
Who can apply
Organisations eligible for funding are:
- registered with an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- deliver or coordinate an eligible activity/ies; and
- operate as a not-for-profit, local, regional or multi activity sport or active recreation organisation (with an objective of sport or active recreation) that is incorporated under one of:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Queensland)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth)
- Co-operatives National Law Act 2020
- Corporations (Aboriginal & Torres Strait) Act 2006 (Commonwealth); or
- is a Queensland local government; or
- is an incorporated sport or active recreation State Level Organisation managing infrastructure or auspicing an affiliate organisation, with infrastructure for local community use where there is not a professional team in residence; or
- is a National Sport Organisation operating in Queensland under a governance model recognised by the Australian Sports Commission, managing infrastructure or auspicing an affiliate organisation, with infrastructure for local community use where there is not a professional team in residence; or
- is a State-wide, multi-location sport and active recreation organisation, whose branches/sites are not separately incorporated.
Projects must align to one of the below funding categories:
- Inclusive and accessible - $30 million for new and upgraded changerooms and amenities that meet universal design principals or
- Safe quality and efficient - $15 million for new, upgraded and end-of-life field of play and ancillary facilities to meet activity requirements at a community level.
Inclusive and accessible
Under this category, total funding of $30 million (GST exclusive) is available to support new and upgraded changerooms and amenities that meet universal design principles.
| Department contribution|
|Minimum applicant financial contribution||Total project cost range(Including applicant contribution)|
|Projects located within urban and regional locations|
$50,000 - $350,000
20% of eligible project costs
$62,500 - $1 million
|Projects located within remote and very remote LGAs*|
$50,000 - $520,000
10% of eligible project costs
$55,555 - $1.5 million
|Projects located within discrete communities**|
$50,000 - $580,000
$50,000 - $1.7 million
Safe, quality and efficient
Under this category, total funding of $15 million (GST exclusive) is available to support new, upgraded and end-of-life field of play and ancillary facilities to meet activity requirements at a community level.
Organisations with approved funding in Round 1 of the Minor Infrastructure Program, will not be eligible to apply under the category of Safe, Quality & Efficient for activity and project sites funded in Round 1.
|Department contribution (GST exclusive)||Minimum applicant financial contribution||Total project cost range (Including applicant contribution)|
|Projects located within urban and regional locations||$50,000 - $250,000||20% of eligible project costs||$62,500 - $1 million|
|Projects located within remote and very remote LGAs*||$50,000 - $370,000||10% of eligible project costs||$55,555 - $1.5 million|
|Projects located within discrete communities**||$50,000 - $415,000||Nil||$50,000 - $1.7 million|
How to apply
To apply for funding under this program, your organisation must be registered in the Sport and Recreation Grant Registration Portal (GRP).
Applicants must be submitted using the online application form by 5PM (AEST) on Thursday 16 November 2023.
Please note that the online applicant portal is not compatible with mobile devices.
If further assistance is required to complete the online application, email SRSGRPortal@npsr.qld.gov.au or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- read the Minor Infrastructure and Inclusive Facilities Fund Guidelines
- complete the Project Costs Sheet
- use the Application Planning Tool
- ensure there are no outstanding compliance issues (with the department or Office of Fair Trading).
- consider what their immediate needs are
- identify which projects may be eligible for funding under the program
- discuss your project with your local government authority and/or landowner to determine the planning and approval requirements
- develop a clear scope of works and source a cost estimate
- obtain application documentation
- confirm capacity to meet the co-contribution requirements
- use templates and fact sheets below to assist with your application.
These templates will assist organisations in meeting application requirements but are not compulsory:
- Landowner/Council consent and statement of support form
- Council approvals form (DA BA only)
- Affiliated sporting body statement of support form
- Key stakeholder statement of support from
- Best practice design principles fact sheet
- Development and building approvals fact sheet
- MIIFF frequently asked questions
- GST fact sheet
- Project manager fact sheet
- Quantity surveyor (QS) fact sheet
- Quote considerations fact sheet
- Scope of works
- Site plan and sketch design
- Sport lighting fact sheet
- Sports lighting best practice guide
- Sport and Recreation facility costs
- Call 13QGOV (13 74 68)
- Speak with your local sport and recreation office.