Skip links and keyboard navigation

Disaster recovery information in your language

These fact sheets provide translated information about the top 5 most commonly experienced natural disasters in Queensland, and how you can better prepare for them: 

The fact sheets for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Creole and Wik feature a design by Aboriginal artist Leigh Harris of Ingeous Studios, depicting how Queenslanders traverse the impacts of natural disasters on our communities.

If you cannot find information in your language, please phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) to access interpreting and translating services.

There are also fact sheets providing information about the different types of financial assistance grants that may be available to you should a disaster occur:

ATSI Easy-English

العَرَبِيَّة - Arabic

廣東話 - Cantonese

Ελληνικά - Greek

हिन्दी - Hindi

lus Hmoob - Hmong

日本語 - Japanese

한국어 - Korean

官话 - Mandarin

ਪੰਜਾਬੀ  - Punjabi

Gagana faʻa Sāmoa - Samoan

Español - Spanish

Wikang Tagalog - Tagalog

Tok Pisin

lea faka-Tonga - Tongan

Yumplatok - Torres Strait Creole

Tiếng Việt - Vietnamese

Wik-Iinjtjenj - Wik-Ngathan


For assistance with a life threatening situation phone 000 (triple zero) immediately.

For assistance with non-life threatening situations - such as help with a damaged roof, rising flood water, or storm damage - phone the SES on 132 500.

For information and support phone the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.

Stay up-to-date on Facebook at @qldcommunities or Twitter @RecoveryQld.

Translating and interpreting services

Please phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) to find out more about interpreting and translating services when dealing with a Queensland Government agency or service.

Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Last updated:
06 February 2018
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.