For parents and kids
Get Started Vouchers program
- Round 13 is now closed. The next round of Queensland Government’s voucher program will open in late July.
- A voucher of up to $150 is available for children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club
- Parents can apply for a voucher to help pay for club membership and participation fees.
- Clubs must be registered with the Get Started Vouchers program to accept vouchers.
- Referral agents (such as police officers and school guidance counsellors) can refer eligible children and young people for a voucher.
Other funding sources
- The Young Athletes Travel Subsidy (travel subsidy) replaced the Young Athlete Assistance Program on 1 July 2015 and aims to foster the development of young athletes and support elite athlete pathways by providing financial assistance to help alleviate the costs associated with attending championship events.
- The Local Sporting Champions Program gives young athletes (aged 12–18) grants of up to $500 to pay for travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment when competing, coaching or officiating at recognised sporting championships.
- Read about what other grants and funding are available for young people.