How to apply
Funding applications are now closed
About Get Playing Places and Spaces
Get Playing Places and Spaces provides funding for new or upgraded sport and recreation facility projects so that more Queenslanders can be involved in the sport and active recreation.
Eligible organisations can apply up to $100,000 (GST exclusive). Applicants will need to contribute a minimum of 20 per cent to the total eligible project costs.
Applications are submitted online.
- Applications opened 3 August 2015.
- Applications closed 2 October 2015.
- Successful projects commence 1 January 2016.
- Applications open 1 July 2016.
- Applications close 1 September 2016.
- Announcement of successful projects 1 November 2016.
- Successful projects commence 1 January 2017.
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- Queensland local not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit local community organisations (whose primary objective is sport or recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- Incorporated university sports clubs
- local governments with a population of less than 40,000 people.
Organisations must also:
- be compliant with the Office of Fair Trading
- have met all obligations for projects currently funded by the department.
If the organisation provides sport and recreation activities to children and young people from the age of five to 17 (inclusive) it must be separately registered for the companion program Get Started Vouchers (see separate fact sheet) (PDF, 411KB).
Checking your submitted application
You are able to check the status of your application by logging into the enQuire system. You need to log in to your applicant portal account (current user) and go to the ‘My Applications’ section.
- Get Playing Places and Spaces Guidelines (PDF, 315KB)
- Get Playing Places and Spaces Fact Sheet (PDF, 396KB)