How to apply
Funding applications are now open.
About Get Playing Places and Spaces
Get Playing Places and Spaces provides funding for new or upgraded sport and recreation facility projects so that more Queenslanders can be involved in the sport and active recreation.
Eligible organisations can apply up to $100,000 (GST exclusive). Applicants will need to contribute a minimum of 20 per cent to the total eligible project costs.
Applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications open 1 July 2016
- Applications close 1 September 2016
- Announcement of successful projects in November 2016
- Successful projects commence 1 January 2017.
- Applications open 3 July 2017
- Applications close 1 September 2017
- Announcement of successful projects in November 2017
- Successful projects commence 1 January 2018.
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- Queensland local not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit local community organisations (whose primary objective is sport or recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- incorporated university sports clubs
- local governments with a population of less than 40,000 people.
Organisations must also:
- be compliant with the Office of Fair Trading
- have met all obligations for projects currently funded by the department.
If the organisation provides sport and recreation activities to children and young people from the age of five to 17 (inclusive) it must be separately registered for the companion program Get Started Vouchers.
How to apply
- Step 1: check if your organisation is eligible
- Step 2: check if your organisation is registered for Get Started Vouchers (if required)
- Step 3: login or create an enQuire applicant portal account
- Step 4: complete the online application
- Step 5: submit the application.
Check if your type of organisation is listed in the “Who can apply?” section above.
If the organisation provides sport or recreation activities for children and young people from the age of five to 17 (inclusive) use the club locator to check the organisation is registered for Get Started Vouchers. This is an eligibility requirement for the Get Playing Places and Spaces program.
enQuire is a web-based grants system. Applications are submitted online via enQuire. Before you begin, please take a moment to ensure your computer system meets the following software requirements necessary to view and successfully lodge an application:
- The application form is not compatible with mobile or tablet devices.
- Applications must be made from a desktop computer or laptop.
- enQuire will work best using the latest version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
- You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to open documents within the online application form.
Please check out the ‘how to’ guide and troubleshooting manual (PDF, 3.25MB) for more information.
How to use the enQuire system:
Previously registered with ‘enQuire’: (please follow the instructions appropriate to your situation)
- If you have an ‘enQuire’ account for your organisation but have FORGOTTEN the login details (username and password), please contact your sport and recreation regional office email SRSGrants@npsr.qld.gov.au.
- If you have an ‘enQuire’ account for your organisation and would like to register a new person (e.g. new employee or committee member) to access the organisation’s account, please email SRSGrants@npsr.qld.gov.au.
- If you have an ‘enQuire’ account for your organisation and know the login details (username and password) please apply here.
- If this is the first time your organisation has registered for ‘enQuire’, you will need to create an applicant portal account. Please go to enQuire to commence.
- complete the required information, including:
- your details and the organisation’s details
- agree to the terms and conditions
- activate the account by clicking on the link sent to the registered email. If you do not receive the activation link refer to ‘how to’ guide and troubleshooting manual (PDF, 3.25MB) or email SRSGrants@npsr.qld.gov.au.
- Read the program guidelines (PDF, 364KB) and ‘How to’ guide (PDF, 3.25MB) on using enQuire.
- Enter the required organisation information into enQuire.
- Complete the application, including downloading and completing the excel table.
- If at any point you don’t have the required documentation to support the application click ‘Save’ at any time and return to the application later by logging back into your account.
- Only submit the application once it is fully complete. Applications at a status of ‘submitted’ cannot be retrieved or edited by the applicant.
- All applications must be received no later than 5pm on 1 September 2016.
Checking your submitted application
You are able to check the status of your application by logging into the enQuire system. You need to log in to your applicant portal account (current user) and go to the ‘My Applications’ section.
- Get Playing Places and Spaces Guidelines (PDF, 364KB)
- Get Playing Places and Spaces Fact Sheet (PDF, 398KB)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) Fact Sheet (PDF, 229KB)