Replace your blue card

You need to replace your current blue or exemption card if it has been lost, stolen, damaged or if the card information is incorrect.

You can use the online applicant portal to replace your blue card if:

  • your card is lost or stolen
  • you change your name.

If you never received your card after it was approved, or if it was damaged when you got it, contact us for the best way to replace your card.

If you have not yet registered for an online account, you will need to do this first before submitting your online application.

Need help? Watch our how to videos to request a replacement card or change your name using the online applicant portal.

Lost or stolen card

If your card has been lost or stolen, you can apply for a replacement by using the online applicant portal or by completing a replacement blue/exemption card form and paying the fee.

This must be done within 14 days of the loss/theft happening.

Change of name

We work with Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) to verify your identity and get the photo for your blue card.

If you have not already done so, you must update TMR about your change of name before you let us know.

You can let us know your updated details by using the online applicant portal or completing a change of name form.

If you choose to submit the form, you must either:

Replacing your card when you have changed your name

You can indicate that you want a replacement card in the portal or on the form.

You will need to:

  • pay the fee for the card issued in your new name
  • post your current card back to us.

Back to top

Card never received

If your application for a blue or exemption card was approved and you never received the card in the post, you can apply for a replacement card.

You only need to pay the fee if your postal address changed after you submitted your application and you didn’t let us know.

Complete and submit the replacement blue/exemption card form.

Card has an error

If an error has been made and the details on your card are incorrect, you can apply for a replacement card by completing a change of name form.

You must also return the incorrect card you received.

You do not need to pay the prescribed fee if the details on your card were incorrect.

Submitting paper applications

Paper applications can be submitted to us by either:

Back to top