Renew your blue card
To renew your existing blue card, you need to fill out the same form you used to apply.
If your circumstances have changed since you last applied for a blue card, you should check if you still need a blue card.
When to renew
You should allow at least 28 business days for your application to be processed, so we recommend applying about 6 weeks before your card is due to expire. We can accept your renewal application up to 16 weeks before your current card expires.
Learn more about if you can continue working while your application is being processed.
It will take longer for us to process if the form is not filled in correctly or if we find out any information from the blue card check.
What you will need
It is helpful to have your existing blue card with you when you apply, so that you can tell us your existing card number and expiry date.
You will also need to have documents that will help you prove your identity .
You will need to:
- Fill out the form and make sure you answer all the questions.
- Download and print your application.
- Read and sign the declaration confirming you are still not a disqualified person.
- Take your form to your employer so they can sign it.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Submit your application online.
Otherwise, you can choose to use one of the printable forms.