Currently there are no known disasters in Queensland. Should you be experiencing hardship from a disaster or local incident please call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349. Presently there is no financial assistance available through the Personal Hardship Assistance Scheme.
Services during a disaster
The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services works closely with a range of government and non-government providers to provide a range of services during a disaster which may include:
- information on self-recovery
- referral to support agencies
- direct personal support and referral to counselling
- referral to financial counselling
- referral to mental health
- referral to agencies providing material assistance
- financial assistance and emergency relief funding
- referral to accommodation and housing services
- referral to other agencies to assist resilience building
- long term support is provided to assist with individual and community resilience through community development strategies and activities.
Disaster relief activations are based on the area of impact. This is triggered when local capacity to provide immediate support and assistance is or will be exhausted.
Call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.