Southern Queensland flooding May 2022
Personal hardship financial assistance is now available for Queensland communities impacted by recent rainfall and flooding in the following areas.
Please note: Applications for the Emergency Hardship Assistance have now closed.
- Beachmere Road, Riversleigh Road, and a small number of individual property addresses in Beachmere, Deception Bay, Burpengary and Burpengary East
The following Commonwealth/State jointly funded financial assistance measure has been activated:
- Essential Household Contents Grant*
- Structural Assistance Grant*
- Essential Services Safety and Reconnection Grant*
*eligibility criteria applies
Apply online via the Community Recovery Portal, or by phoning the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.
How to apply for a disaster grant
Make sure you read the eligibility requirements before you apply.
You can apply by:
- registering online at the Community Recovery Portal
- calling the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.
What you need to include
You will need to have proof of identity and residence to complete your application.
This can be:
- driver licence or other photo identification
- Medicare card showing members of your family.
If applying online, enter your driver licence and Medicare card details exactly as they appear on your cards - use your full name and all numbers.
Help with your application
If you need an interpreter, call 1800 173 349 for help to complete your application.
If you don’t have photo ID or your Medicare card, call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 or visit a Community Recovery Hub for help with your application.
Transport and vehicle assistance
You can apply for help with vehicle registration, licensing, logbooks, permits, and work diaries.
Support for communities
If you are experiencing emotional stress or personal financial hardship due to this event, but your area is not eligible for financial assistance, contact your local emergency relief provider or counselling service for support.