Special Interest Vehicle Concession Scheme guide

Change of address

To move your vehicle from its current garaging address to a new garaging address, please apply for a letter of authority at your nearest transport and motoring customer service centre or, if you live in a rural area, a QGAP office, Magistrates Court or local police station that provides vehicle registration services.

This letter will authorise you to move your special interest vehicle to your new address in a one way trip. Proof of your new garage address will be required (purchase document, rental agreement or completed Queensland Garage Address Statement form (F4408). Please also check with your compulsory third party insurer to ensure you are covered for the journey.

In this guide:

  1. Eligible vehicles
  2. How to apply
  3. Conditions and restrictions
  4. What to carry in your vehicle
  5. Penalties
  6. Change of address
  7. Interstate recognition
  8. Number plates
  9. Removing a Special Interest Vehicle concession

Print entire guide