About concessional registration
There are a range of concessions available that can reduce the cost of registering a vehicle or boat in Queensland for eligible applicants. When applying, you will need to provide evidence that you qualify for that concession.
Some concessions require additional forms to be completed—check the specific concession you want to apply for.
Concessions are available for:
- Seniors Card holders
- Pensioner Concession Card holders
- current or former members of the Australian Defence Force that have an impairment
- special interest vehicles, such as classic and vintage cars, street rods or historic vehicles
- primary producers and co-operative associations
- charitable or community service organisations
- local governments
- restricted areas in Queensland
- vehicles used solely to cross roads within an agricultural or mining property
- vehicles used solely to travel between 2 agricultural properties or 2 mining properties, directly across the road from each other
- vehicles used solely for fencing of primary producer’s property
- vehicles built for mineral, oil or water exploration
- vehicles built to carry well boring equipment
- vehicles used solely as mobile workshops in beekeeping
- vehicles used by bona fide prospectors in a remote area (not miners).