Restricted areas in Queensland concessions

A concession is available for vehicles that are solely used and garaged in certain restricted areas in Queensland. These areas are:

  • Aurukun Shire
  • the community government areas of the following community governments under the Local Government (Community Government Areas) Act 2004
    • Doomadgee Shire Council
    • Kowanyama Shire Council
    • Pormpuraaw Shire Council
    • Yarrahbah Shire Council
  • a coastal island that is not joined to the mainland by a bridge
  • the area north of the Archer River from the western to the eastern end of the river
  • the area north of a straight line from the eastern end of the Archer River to Friendly Point.

How to apply

Complete the registration concession application (F4517) and take it to your nearest transport and motoring customer service centre or, if you live in a rural area, a QGAP office, Magistrates Court or local police station that provides vehicle registration services—please call to confirm before visiting.