How we can help you

Businesses will usually want to do the right thing and will help you if something goes wrong with goods or services you’ve bought.

We can help you if you have a problem or dispute with a trader and they refuse to help you, or you don’t feel confident contacting them.

How to contact us

You can lodge a consumer complaint using our online form, but if you are not sure where to start, you can contact us by phone, email or in person.

For hearing or speech impairment support, call the National Relay Service on 13 36 77.

For interpreting and translation services, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50.

OFT resources

A range of resources have been created to assist consumers with disability. A guide is also available for businesses supplying to those with disability.


Download the following guides to learn more.

Video clips

We regularly publish video clips on our YouTube channel.