Property reports and vegetation mapping
Request a free vegetation management report
Before undertaking any vegetation clearing activities, you should view a vegetation management report for your property.
You can request a free vegetation management report which includes property information and maps to help you identify the type of vegetation on your property, the requirements of vegetation clearing and other laws that may apply. The report will be emailed to you as a PDF, free of charge.
Vegetation management report contents
The report includes the following maps:
- Regulated vegetation management maps show vegetation categories needed to determine the relevant assessment category. Maps are generally updated monthly to show new property maps of assessable vegetation.
- Vegetation management supporting map provides information on regional ecosystems, wetlands, watercourses, and essential habitat and factors.
- Protected plants flora survey trigger map is needed to determine if any part of the proposed clearing is within a high risk area.
- Koala habitat areas and koala priority areas map is needed to determine if any part of the proposed clearing is within a Koala Priority Area or Koala Habitat Area.
The protected plants flora survey trigger map and the koala habitat areas and koala priority areas map do not form part of the vegetation management framework but are included to assist landholders in understanding other features on their property. For more information on these maps, contact the Department of Environment and Science.
Viewing maps on Queensland Globe
The regulated vegetation management maps and the vegetation management supporting map can also be viewed through Queensland Globe. After you’ve accessed the Globe:
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Topics. In Topics scroll down until you find the 'Vegetation Management' layer and click the launch button.
- You will be asked 'How would you like to load this topic'? Select Add to Globe. The Vegetation Management topic will default to loading the regulated vegetation management layers without selecting category X layer so you can see the satellite imagery below.
- Zoom in to the area of interest on the map or use the search function on the left-hand side of the screen to search for a street address or a lot and plan number.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Layers and you can select the layers you want to display by turning the eye icon on and off.
Read more about using the Queensland Globe.
In this guide:
- Request a free vegetation management report
- Vegetation maps
- Vegetation categories
- Applying for or correcting a PMAV