Property reports and vegetation mapping
Request a free vegetation management report or map
Before undertaking any vegetation clearing activities, you should view a vegetation management report for your property.
You can request a free vegetation management report which includes property information and maps to help you identify the type of vegetation on your property, the requirements of vegetation clearing and other laws that may apply. The report will be emailed to you as a PDF, free of charge.
Vegetation management report contents
The report includes the following maps:
- Regulated vegetation management maps show vegetation categories needed to determine the relevant assessment category. Maps are generally updated monthly to show new property maps of assessable vegetation.
- Vegetation management supporting map provides information on regional ecosystems, wetlands, watercourses, and essential habitat and factors.
- Protected plants flora survey trigger map is needed to determine if any part of the proposed clearing is within a high risk area.
- Koala habitat areas and koala priority areas map is needed to determine if any part of the proposed clearing is within a Koala Priority Area or Koala Habitat Area.
The protected plants flora survey trigger map and the koala habitat areas and koala priority areas map do not form part of the vegetation management framework but are included to assist landholders in understanding other features on their property. For more information on these maps, contact the Department of Environment and Science.
View vegetation management data on Queensland Globe
Once you have downloaded your report, you may want to view regulated and supporting vegetation management maps using Queensland Globe.
Queensland Globe makes it easier to identify and plan your vegetation management activities. Within the map’s interface, you can reduce the visibility of the vegetation management layers to see underlying infrastructure, roads and terrain.
You can access a preloaded vegetation management topic on Queensland Globe, or load the globe and add the layer with these instructions:
- Go to Queensland Globe.
- Zoom in to the area of interest on the map or use the search function on the left-hand side of the screen to search for a street address or a lot and plan number.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Topics. Scroll down until you find the 'Vegetation management' topic and click the launch button.
- You will be asked 'How would you like to load this topic?’ Select Add to Globe. The Vegetation management topic will default to loading the regulated vegetation management layers without selecting category X layer so you can see the satellite imagery below.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Layers and you can select the layers you want to display by turning the eye icon on and off.
Visit the Queensland Globe help section to access help guides, tutorial videos and advanced feature documentation.
In this guide:
- Request a free vegetation management report or map
- Vegetation maps
- Vegetation categories
- Applying for or correcting a PMAV