Clearing for bushfire management
Using a clearing code for fire management
If you need to clear a wider area than permitted under the clearing exemptions, you may be able to clear under the Clearing for infrastructure accepted development vegetation clearing code (PDF, 271KB).
This code applies to Category B, C and R vegetation. See the table below for requirements.
Find out how to clear under the accepted development vegetation clearing code.
Purpose for clearing
Category B, C and R vegetation across Queensland except for coastal lots
Clearing for firebreaks to protect buildings and other structures (other than fences, roads, tracks, irrigation channels or contour banks) to a width of 30m
Refer to Exempt clearing work for other provisions relating to firebreaks
Fire management lines
Category C and R vegetation across Queensland
Clearing for necessary fire management lines – what is necessary up to a maximum width of 10m
Further necessary clearing may be undertaken by providing an exchange area. Refer to the Clearing for infrastructure accepted development vegetation clearing code (PDF, 271KB) for further information
Refer to Exempt clearing work for other provisions relating to fire management lines
Find out more about using the vegetation clearing codes.
In this guide:
- Exempt clearing work for bushfire management
- Using a clearing code for fire management
- Development approvals for bushfire management clearing
- Bushfire management plans and other considerations
- Other laws and permits for bushfire management
- Clearing during bushfire emergencies
- Cleaning-up after a bushfire
- Roadside vegetation management