TC Marcia disaster relief activated
Natural Disaster Recovery and Relief Arrangements (NDRRA) have been activated in the local government areas of Rockhampton, Livingstone, Banana, North Burnett and Gladstone (in areas to the west of the Bruce Highway) and parts of Isaac (in an area from the Coral Sea, west to Killarney Station, north to Mountain View Road and south to the Livingstone Shire Boundary).
The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services works closely with a range of government and non-government providers to provide a range of services during a disaster which may include:
- information on self-recovery
- referral to support agencies
- direct personal support and referral to counselling
- referral to financial counselling
- referral to mental health
- referral to agencies providing material assistance
- financial assistance and emergency relief funding
- referral to accommodation and housing services
- referral to other agencies to assist resilience building
- long term support is provided to assist with individual and community resilience through community development strategies and activities.
Disaster relief activations are based on the area of impact. This is triggered when local capacity to provide immediate support and assistance is or will be exhausted.
Immediate financial assistance and support services are available to residents who live in those areas and have been directly affected by Tropical Cyclone Marcia.
Immediate Hardship Assistance grants for TC Marcia have now closed.
As the next phase of community recovery operations begin in Rockhampton, Yeppoon and Biloela, the Community Recovery Hubs have closed with support available through Community Recovery Referral and Information Centres. Affected residents in these locations are encouraged to call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 in the first instance for assistance.
If you need help, please make the Community Recovery Hotline 1800 173 349 your first port of call. You can also download the Self Recovery App or visit www.qld.gov.au/community for further information.