Enrol in direct debit
How to enrol in direct debit
You can enrol in direct debit online. The enrolment process can't be done over the phone or in person at a transport and motoring customer service centre.
Enrol in direct debit to pay your registration
To enrol you must:
- be 18 years of age
- be a registered operator of at least 1 eligible registration (your name must be on the registration notice). If your vehicle has 2 individual registered operators, either person can pay by direct debit
- provide a valid email address and current mobile phone number (so we can contact you if a payment fails and send your renewal notice to you)
- nominate your bank account or accepted credit card that you want your registration renewal payments to be deducted from. Gift cards can’t be used for ongoing direct debit payments
- sign up to receive your notices by email if you don't already
- accept the direct debit terms and conditions
- select which registrations you want to add.
Registrations you can renew by direct debit
Most current registrations for vehicles, boats, caravans, motorcycles, and trailers are eligible for direct debit.
- Boats can only select a 12-month registration period.
- Ambulances can select 6-month and 12-month registration period.
Fire and Rescue Vehicles can enrol in direct debit but may not be able to select the full range of registration periods.
Registrations you can't renew by direct debit
Registration must not:
- have a common due date
- be recorded as wrecked or written off (statutory)
- be reported as stolen—you can check this on the Personal Property Securities Register
- be subject to a defect notice
- be expired or cancelled
- be a new registration
- have a charitable concession on a heavy trailer or caravan
- have seasonal registration
- have a registration category recorded as:
- special purpose
- dealer or trade plate