How we will communicate with you
You will need to provide an email address when you enrol in the direct debit service. A mobile phone number isn’t essential, but we do recommend it. This helps us to quickly get in touch with you if there are any issues with your direct debit payments.
Please note: it may take up to 10 business days from the payment date for us to be notified by your bank of a failed direct debit payment.
We will send you an email:
- once you have successfully enrolled in the direct debit service
- when a registration(s) has been added or removed
- to remind you we are about to take a direct debit payment—this reminder will include the payment amount, the payment date (21 days before your registration expires) and the registration being renewed and will be sent approximately 4 days before the payment date.
- if a direct debit payment has failed for any reason, for example insufficient funds in your account. We will advise you that your renewal was unable to be renewed and that you must pay using another payment method.
- if your direct debit agreement has been cancelled
- if the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement has been updated.
We will send you a text message (if you provided us with your mobile phone number) if a direct debit payment has failed for any reason, for example insufficient funds in your account.
Through your My Account portal
You can login to your My Account portal at any time to:
- update your email, address and phone number
- view your direct debit history
- check your notifications
- view further information from an email or SMS sent by us
- take action if required.