Selling solar products
If you work in the solar industry, you must:
- be licensed
- have the right accreditation
- obey the Australian Consumer Law.
You should also have a good complaint handling process.
If you install photovoltaic solar panels in Queensland, you must hold:
- an unrestricted Queensland electrical contractors licence
- the required Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) licence.
The type of licence you need will depend on:
- the output capacity of the solar panels
- where you install the solar panels.
For more licensing information, you can visit the QBCC website.
- be accredited by the Clean Energy Council (CEC)
- provide CEC approved products that meet Australian Standards.
You can find more information about:
- installer requirements on the Energex website
- renewable energy schemes on the Clean Energy Regulator website
- our advice to consumers on buying solar products.
Australian Consumer Law (ACL)
Like all businesses, you must obey the ACL. Key areas of the ACL include: