Property insurance

This information is only for people who currently have a home loan with the Queensland Government.

Maintaining property insurance

As the Queensland Government holds a registered mortgage over your property, you must:

  • ensure the property has appropriate insurance coverage
  • keep us informed about insurance on the property at all times
  • comply with the minimum conditions of your insurance coverage.

Note: We don’t hold an interest in the contents of the building. You’ll need to pay for contents insurance, as we only hold an interest in the building component.

Changing insurance companies

You may change insurance companies at any time. However, you must give us the details as soon as possible.

Send us a copy of the new policy for our records. We can then give approval to delete our interest from the original policy.

Read more about getting insurance for your home.