Insurance for your home

Home and/or contents insurance helps protect you financially if your possessions and/or home are damaged by a storm, fire or other natural event.

Home insurance covers costs associated with any damage to a property you own.

Contents insurance covers costs associated with damage to, or the loss of, your possessions inside your home.

Find the right insurer

You should shop around and contact insurance companies to compare their policies before insuring your home (building) and/or contents.

You may like to use an insurance broker to find the right insurer for you.

Flood insurance

Select the right flood insurance—find tips, definitions and contacts to help you.


Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority on 1800 931 678 (free call) to resolve disputes or to make a complaint about your insurer.

Helpful resources