Pathways shared equity loan
Information for Queensland public housing tenants only.
If you are a tenant in government-owned housing but cannot afford to buy the home you are renting, this loan will let you enter into a partnership with us to buy a share of your home. The home must be the one you are currently renting and be available for purchase.
The loan repayments will be no more than 35% of your income and you will not pay rent on the department’s share of the home. However, you will be responsible for paying council rates, maintenance costs and home insurance. Over time you may choose to buy more shares in the partnership and become a full home owner.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the loan you must:
- be an existing public housing tenant
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- not own or part-own another property
- not be able to afford to buy 100% of the home through a standard home loan
- have a good credit history
- have no other significant debts
- be able to afford the repayments without hardship
- intend to live in the home for the duration of the shared equity agreement
- not have an outstanding debt with us.
Applying for the loan
Contact our loan hotline to apply or receive more information;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 654 322 Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Loans and Debt Management
Department of Housing and Public Works Post
GPO Box 690
BRISBANE QLD 4001