Pathways Shared Equity Loan
Information for Queensland public housing tenants only
If you’re a tenant in government-owned housing but can’t afford to buy the home you’re renting, this loan lets you enter into a partnership with us to buy a share of your home.
The home must be:
- the one you’re currently renting
- available for purchase.
The loan repayments are no more than 35% of your income and you don’t pay rent on the department’s share of the home.
However, you’re responsible for paying council rates, maintenance costs and home insurance.
Over time, you may decide to buy more shares in the partnership and become a full home owner.
Eligibility for the loan
To be eligible for this loan, you must:
- be an existing public housing tenant
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- not own or part-own another property
- not be able to afford to buy 100% of the home through a standard home loan
- have a good credit history
- have no other significant debts
- be able to afford the repayments without hardship
- intend to live in the home for the duration of the shared equity agreement
- not have an outstanding debt with us.
How to apply
To apply or get more information, contact our loan hotline:
- phone: 1300 654 322, Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5.00pm
- email: email@example.com
For more details, download the Pathways Shared Equity Loan question and answer booklet (PDF, 618KB).