Entering a national park (scientific)

You need a permit to enter a national park (scientific).

These areas are given the highest level of protection and are set aside for the protection of species or habitats that have exceptional scientific value.

Your application will be assessed on the impact of your proposed activities on:

  • the natural and cultural values of a national park and
  • on existing or planned QPWS management programs.

How to apply

To apply for this type of permit, please lodge an application online using Online Services.

Please note that if you wish to conduct scientific or educational research on a National Park (Scientific) you will also require a Permit to Take Use Keep or Interfere with a Cultural or Natural Resource.

Permit duration and fees

Permits may be granted for a period of up to three years. No fees apply.