Permit to request donations or information

You will need a permit to ask for donations or information in one of our national parks, marine parks, recreation areas or State forests.

For example, you may need a permit if you are:

  • a researcher or commercial tour operator wanting to collect information from park visitors
  • questioning visitors directly or by using a written questionnaire sheet.

How to apply

Before applying, please contact us to discuss your proposed activity.

A permit may be issued if:

  • your proposed activity will have little impact on visitor use and enjoyment;
  • the manner of requesting is respectful and tactful;
  • public participation is voluntary; and
  • the outcome of your proposed activity is relevant to us in managing our protected areas, state forests or recreation areas in general.

Permit duration and fees

Permits may be granted for a period of up to one year. No fees apply.

Public liability insurance cover is not required.