Meet Pete and Kate. Pete likes to smell good and Kate is eating a wrap before touch football. They recycle aerosol cans and alfoil in the yellow lid bin. Good job, team. Let's get it sorted.
Recycling – let’s get it sorted
Get your metals sorted
Recycling aluminium and steel saves resources and uses less energy than producing these metals from raw materials. Items made from aluminium and steel from around the home can go in your yellow lid bin.
Let’s get it sorted.
Some of the common metal household items you can put in your yellow lid bin are:
- baby formula tins
- coffee and chocolate milk tins
- food tins
- pet food tins.
- aerosol deodorants (empty)
- aerosol hair sprays (empty)
- aerosol cooking sprays (empty)
- insect sprays (empty)
- foil (clean tray/foil wrap scrunched into a ball)
- drink cans.
You can check your local council’s website for more details .
In this guide:
- Five materials you can recycle in your yellow lid bin
- Get your plastics sorted
- Make sorting your recycling simple
- Get your metals sorted
- Get your paper and cardboard sorted
- Get your glass sorted
- Keep it loose – don't bag your recycling
- Useful links