Meet Narfis. He's cooking for his grateful but nervous mates. He might not get the recipes right, but he puts all the glass bottles and jars in the yellow lid bin. Good job, Narfis. Let's get it sorted.
Recycling – let’s get it sorted
Get your glass sorted
Glass bottles and jars can be recycled again and again without losing quality, making it a highly sustainable material.
Let’s get it sorted.
Some of the common glass household items you can put in your yellow lid bin are:
- alcohol bottles
- sauce and jam jars
- drink bottles
- juice and soft drink bottles
- oil, sauce and vinegar bottles.
You can check your local council’s website for more details.
In this guide:
- Five materials you can recycle in your yellow lid bin
- Get your plastics sorted
- Make sorting your recycling simple
- Get your metals sorted
- Get your paper and cardboard sorted
- Get your glass sorted
- Keep it loose – don't bag your recycling
- Useful links