What we do
We provide a range of information and services for those who live, invest or work in a community titles scheme in Queensland.
We are committed to giving body corporate members, their committees and industry groups' information and tools to help them better understand body corporate legislation, and to avoid and resolve disputes.
Under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (the BCCM Act), we provide:
- an information service
- a dispute resolution service
- a search facility to access adjudicator's orders affecting particular community titles schemes
Dispute resolution service
We help parties to resolve disputes through conciliation or adjudication.
Our dispute resolution service:
- encourages parties to try to resolve disputes themselves through self resolution
- encourages parties to engage in conciliation in an attempt to settle the dispute without the need for a formal order
- decides disputes through adjudication.
Our information service provides information to the community about body corporate legislation. It can help you to know your rights and obligations under the BCCM Act.
The information service cannot provide legal advice, directions or rulings. It provides:
- a broad range of body corporate information online (www.qld.gov.au/bodycorporate)
- responses to general information enquiries
- forms for use in a body corporate
- a regular e-newsletter, Common Ground
- information seminars in the community
- an online training course
- a Quick Guide to Community Living Booklet.
We produce a range of forms for you to use in a body corporate that include:
- a history of our forms - gives you information on the current and revoked versions of our forms as well as dates and version numbers.
- body corporate by-law forms including BCCM Form 1, 10, 11, 25, 27 and 28.
- BCCM Form 2 - change of signatories
- BCCM Form 3 - search of adjudicators' orders
- general meeting forms - BCCM Form 4 and BCCM Form 5
- proxy forms - BCCM Form 6 and BCCM Form 7
- body corporate records - BCCM Form 8, 9, 12, 13, 14 and 26.
- BCCM Form 18 - guidelines for a manager to become the committee
- BCCM Form 19 - changing a regulation module
- BCCM Form 20 - explanatory note to amend contracts
- Conciliation application form (BCCM Form 22)
- Adjudication application form (BCCM Form 15)
- credit card authorisation form (BCCM Form 21)
- waiver of application fee form (BCCM Form 23)
Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980
Referees in this Office can determine disputes under the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980 (BUGTA).
While the Information Service cannot provide information on BUGTA there are forms that we produce for you to use: