Body corporate seminars
Our body corporate seminars give information about issues that are topical at the time of the seminar.
Any upcoming seminars are advertised on this page. We also notify all Common Ground subscribers by email.
Our seminars allow time for you to ask questions. Your questions should be general and remain of interest to everyone who attends the seminar.
If you have a specific question relating to your scheme, we recommend calling our information service on 1800 060 119 (freecall).
We also run a series of live educational webinars, you can view past webinars or find out about upcoming webinars and how to register.
Free seminars are planned for South East and North Queensland on the topics of:
- proposed changes to the legislation
- other body corporate matters
Register your attendance by selecting the date you want to attend.
Please note: As there are limited places available please only register if you intend on attending.
Monday, 26 August 10am-12pm
Mantra on View Hotel
22 View Avenue
Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
Tuesday 27 August 10am-12pm
Kedron-Wavell Services Club
21 Kittyhawk Drive
Chermside QLD 4032
Friday 30 August 10am-12pm
Diggers Services Club
42-48 Blackwood Rd
Logan Central QLD 4114
Wednesday 4 September, 2pm-4pm
Rydges Mackay Suites
9 Gregory St
Mackay QLD 4114
Thursday 5 September 1pm-3pm
100 Goondoon St
Gladstone QLD 4680
Monday 9 September 10am-12pm
105 Memorial Avenue
Maroochydore QLD 4558
Tuesday 10 September 2pm-4pm
Hervey Bay RSL
11 Torquay Road
Pialba QLD 4655
Wednesday 11 September 10am-12pm
Wednesday 11 September 2pm-4pm
Registry of Births, Deaths, and Marriages
Level 32, 180 Ann Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Tuesday 17 September 12:30pm-2:30pm
115-119 The Esplanade
Cairns QLD 4870
Wednesday 18 September 10am-12pm
Hotel Grand Chancellor
334 Flinders St
Townsville QLD 4810
Staff from the Office of the Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management are regularly invited to attend and present at seminars.
Past presentations include:
- Induction session – Australian Resident Accommodation Managers’ Association
- The intrigue of adjudication – Strata Community (Queensland) Australia State Conference
- Committee master class series 2016 – Australian Resident Accommodation Managers’ Association
- Strata Community Australia webinars 2016
- Body corporate basics is a short presentation done at the request of the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ). It gives an overview about the role of our office and common issues of living in a community titles scheme.
Stay up to date
To keep up to date with body corporate news, events and issues you can subscribe to our newsletter, Common Ground.