Skip links and keyboard navigation

Getting an RE motorcycle licence

To upgrade from an RE learner licence to an RE provisional or open licence, you will need to:

  • have held an RE learner licence for at least 3 months (at least 1 year if you got an exemption from the pre-learner course)
  • successfully complete the Q-Ride restricted (RE) course or pass a the Q-SAFE riding test.

Note: If you got your RE learner licence before 1 October 2016, there is no minimum time that you must hold your learner licence before you can upgrade if you complete the Q-Ride restricted (RE) course.

Q-Ride or Q-SAFE

If you live:

Find your nearest Q-Ride training provider.

Do you know the road rules?

Keep up to date with Queensland’s road rules and safety by reading:

Last updated
1 October 2016
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.