Skip links and keyboard navigation

Traffic history

Apply for your traffic history

A traffic history report will show details of offences committed and dealt with under the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 (PDF, 1.5MB) for dangerous operation of a vehicle under section 328A of the Criminal Code; and contraventions for which the person has been dealt with as a driver under the Heavy Vehicle National Law (Queensland).

The printed traffic history will include the:

  • person’s full name, gender, date of birth, and residential address
  • customer reference number (licence number).

The traffic history also includes (if applicable):

  • offence details—including offence date, description, demerit points, result date, results and monetary penalty
  • information about licence sanction notices issued
  • periods of licence suspension, cancellation and/or disqualification.

A traffic history report will show details for the last 5 years unless a specific period is requested. 

How to apply

You can apply for details of your Queensland traffic history online, in person and by post. You may also apply for information from another person’s record but you must have the written consent of that person.

Before you begin, view an example of a traffic history report (PDF, 630KB) to make sure it is what you need.

Apply online

To apply for your traffic history online you will need to:

  • verify that you are eligible to use the service
  • enter your identity information
  • pay the fee.

If your application is approved, the report will be available online.

You can pay with your Visa or MasterCard—credit or debit card payments will incur a surcharge.

Over the counter

To apply over the counter you will need to:

If your application is approved, the report will be given to you over the counter.

By mail

You can lodge a request for your own information by mail if you are interstate, overseas or in a remote area.

To apply by mail you must:

  • complete a release of information application (F2121)
  • organise certified copies of your evidence of identity documents—they must be certified (with the words ‘I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original’) in English by a
    • Justice of the Peace
    • Commissioner for Declarations
    • doctor
    • police officer
    • solicitor, barrister or judge
    • consular or ambassadorial office
    • notary public
  • include a cheque or money order, for the required fee, payable to the ‘Department of Transport and Main Roads’
  • mail your completed form, certified copies of your evidence of identity documents, and cheque or money order (do not send cash) to:

    Department of Transport and Main Roads
    Customer Service Support
    GPO Box 2451
    BRISBANE  QLD  4001

If your application is approved, your report will be sent to you in the mail.

Who can apply for your details—with your consent

You may authorise another person to obtain your traffic history.
The authorised person must lodge the completed release of information application (F2121) at a transport and motoring customer service centre or an authorised QGAP office. A release of information fee will apply.

Note: You will be contacted by the department to confirm you have given your consent. If you cannot be contacted during business hours, your application will be refused.

Who can apply for your details—without consent

We do not require your consent if the application for release of information is requested by:

  • a person who has been appointed as your Power of Attorney
  • a police officer who needs your information to perform a function associated with their job
  • a court—by court subpoena
  • an interstate, federal or foreign authority which grants or issues driver licences
  • a person representing an authorised government agency—must show the legislation that entitling the release of information.

Certifying documents

Find a Justice of the Peace (JP) or Commissioner for Declarations (Cdec) in Queensland who can witness copies of your evidence of identity documents.

Last updated
5 September 2014
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.