Car practical driving tests
Resuming of tests
From Monday 13 July, practical driving test bookings will reopen to all Queenslanders.
You can book a driving test online or over the phone.
We appreciate your patience, as we meet high demand for driving tests.
All practical driving tests were suspended from 28 March, to limit the spread of COVID-19 and comply with social distancing recommendations from Queensland Health.
How to book a test
Before you book your test:
- Read the health and safety information
- Make sure your learner logbook has been approved (if you are under 25 years of age and hold a learner licence).
Book your test
To book a test for yourself:
Book your test through a driving school
If you plan to book your driving test through a driving school:
- Contact the driving school to coordinate your booking.
- The driving school will call the Department of Transport and Main Roads to make your booking.
Making changes to a booking
To reschedule with less than 2 business days' notice or to cancel a booking, call 13 23 80 between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Health and safety for you and examiners
As health and safety remains the priority, several measures are in place to protect you and driving examiners, including:
- mandatory screening for test participants
- vehicle cleaning requirements
- reinforcement of general health and hygiene measures.
You must read and comply with the health and safety requirements for your driving test.