Car practical driving tests
Resuming of tests
From Monday 15 June driving tests will resume for people who meet the priority booking criteria, in line with updated health and safety advice.
All practical driving tests were suspended from 28 March, to limit the spread of COVID-19 and comply with social distancing recommendations from Queensland Health.
If you previously had a test cancelled, we’ll contact you with details about rebooking your test.
Prioritising and managing tests
From 15 June when car tests are available, we will prioritise bookings for people who meet the following criteria:
- had tests cancelled due to COVID-19
- require a licence for employment purposes
- require a licence to access medical treatment for themselves or a member of their family
- require a licence to get to or from their educational institution.
Confirm your eligibility for a priority test
To confirm your eligibility for a priority test you must meet one of the criteria previously detailed. You then need to complete the application for prioritised test booking form (F5295) and email it to email@example.com.
Booking a test online
The online service for booking, rescheduling, updating and swapping vehicle test bookings won’t be available during this initial period.
To reschedule or cancel a booked test during this period, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking details and include:
- the booking name
- driver licence number
- time and location of your confirmed booking
- a contact phone number.
Please note, bookings can’t be swapped during this period.
Health and safety for you and examiners
As health and safety remains the priority, several measures will be put in place to protect you and driving examiners, including:
- mandatory screening for test participants
- vehicle cleaning requirements
- reinforcement of general health and hygiene measures.
You must read and comply with the health and safety requirements for your driving test.