Joining a sport or recreation club
Finding a club
There are many ways to get involved with a sport or recreation club. You can:
- use the club locator to find a club
- ask your local YMCA about social activities you can be part of.
- contact the state sport or recreation organisation or outdoor recreation organisation that looks after your activity-they may be able to help you find a club in your area
- check with your local council they may have a list of clubs you can join. For example
- browse the list of national sporting organisations on the Australian Sports Commission's website to find state and national clubs for your sport
- find out how people with a disability can join in sport and recreation
- check with your local university—they will often advertise social sports groups and competitions
Masters sports for over 30s
Need financial assistance for the cost of your child’s club membership?
- You may be eligible to apply for a Get Started Voucher