Joining a sport or recreation club
Finding a club
There are many ways to get involved with a sport or recreation club. You can:
- ask your local YMCA about social activities you can be part of.
- contact the state sport or recreation organisation or outdoor recreation organisation that looks after your activity — they may be able to help you find a club in your area
- check with your local council they may have a list of clubs you can join.
- browse the list of national sporting organisations on the Sport Australia website to find state and national clubs for your sport
- find out how people with a disability can join in sport and recreation
- check with your local university—they will often advertise social sports groups and competitions
Masters sports for over 30s
- Mature-aged athletes can compete in the following games:
Need financial assistance for the cost of your child’s club membership?
- You may be eligible to apply for a FairPlay voucher.
Looking for something to do these holidays?
- The Queensland Recreation Centres offer school holiday activities on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
- Connect with nature in some of Queensland’s beautiful National parks