Using your FairPlay voucher
Your FairPlay voucher can be used towards membership, registration or participation fees with sport and recreation activity providers.
- 6 July 2020: New round applications open.
- 7 October 2020: Applications close.
- 11 November 2020: Vouchers expire and must have been presented to an activity provider.
- 25 November 2020: Vouchers must be redeemed by activity providers.
Program changes due to COVID-19
If you have a Round 2 voucher, keep it until sport and recreation activities can restart. The expiration date on Round 2 vouchers has been extended in line with the current round and vouchers must now be presented to activity providers by 11 November 2020.
All registered activity providers have been asked, where possible, to retain the funds and credit participants once activities do resume. If your child would like to participate elsewhere, talk to your club and ask if they may be able to transfer the remainder of the voucher amount directly to the new organisation.
1. Find a provider
Search the activity provider directory to choose where you can use your FairPlay voucher.
2. Check what the costs are
Contact the activity provider to find out the costs of the activity.
Your voucher can only be used for membership, registration or participation fees. It does not cover equipment or uniforms. If the fees are more than $150, you will need to pay the difference.
3. Give the provider your voucher
Present or email the voucher to the activity provider when you register your child. The voucher must be used before the expiry date.
If the organisation sign-on day is before the vouchers are released, contact the organisation and see if they will consider waiting until the vouchers are released.
How to print your voucher:
- Log in to your QGrants account.
- Click on the ‘applications’ tab.
- Click on ‘view’ next to the relevant voucher.
- Place your cursor over the PDF, right-click and then click on ‘print’ (or ‘save’ the voucher and email to your organisation if you do not have a printer).