Applying for a FairPlay voucher
Our new FairPlay online grants system is up and running.
If you think you will be applying for a voucher in the future, register online now.
The registration process is simple and will mean you are set up in the new system, ready to apply for your next eligible round of FairPlay. Even if you have previously received a voucher, you will need to register in the new system to apply in the future.
The new FairPlay system, Enquire, is now open and accessible for existing and new users to register.
Parents, carers or guardians can apply for a voucher valued up to $150 for their child, which can be used towards sport and active recreation membership, registration or participation fees with registered activity providers.
There is a limit of 1 voucher per child per calendar year.
- 20 July 2022: round 7 opens
- 28 September 2022 (or earlier if fully allocated): round 7 closes
- 26 October 2022: vouchers expire and must have been presented to an activity provider
- 9 November 2022: vouchers must be redeemed by activity providers.
1. Check if your child is eligible
You can apply if your child:
- is a Queensland resident aged from 5 to 17 years (inclusive) at the time of application
- did not receive a FairPlay voucher this calendar year
- holds, or whose parent, carer or guardian holds, a valid Services Australia Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with the child’s name on it.
When entering the details from your Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card (the card), the details will need to be entered in an exact manner. To ensure that the information is processed correctly, please do the following:
- Enter the “CUSTOMER NAME” exactly as it is shown on the top left hand corner of the parent’s card or the child’s card (if they have one). Include the middle initial/s if applicable.
- Enter the CRN number with 9 numbers and a capital letter, ensuring there are no spaces, dashes or the letters CRN included e.g. 000000000A
- Use the calendar to pick the expiry date shown on the card. The expiry date is located in the top right hand corner of the card.
The FairPlay application validates the card information that is entered with Services Australia in real time. If you are experiencing any issues after entering the card details correctly, it is recommended that you check with Services Australia to ensure the card is valid and has not expired or been suspended. You can check this online via your digital wallet - Digital wallet - Pensioner Concession Card - Services Australia.
Where you have confirmed with Services Australia that the card is valid and you are still experiencing difficulties in applying, please contact the department.
If you aren't eligible
If you are experiencing financial hardship but don't meet the eligibility criteria, you can seek to apply through a registered referral agent.
2. Make sure your activity is available
Please note: as we have transitioned to a new system the activity provider directory will be updated regularly with new providers.
Search the activity provider directory to check that:
- your chosen activity is listed
- there is a registered provider near you.
3. Read the terms and conditions
Read and understand the FairPlay voucher application terms and conditions.
4. Access the Enquire online system
You will need to register for an Enquire account before you can apply for a voucher.
If you are successful
If your application is successful, your voucher will appear on the screen. You can access a copy of your voucher from the homepage and a pdf copy will be sent to your registered email address (you may need to check your junk mail).