Applying for a FairPlay voucher
Parents, carers or guardians can apply for a voucher valued up to $150 for their child, which can be used towards sport and active recreation membership, registration or participation fees with registered activity providers.
There is a limit of 1 voucher per child per calendar year.
Due to COVID-19, FairPlay voucher expiry dates have been extended until 11 November 2020, and must be presented to an activity provider by this date.
Round 2 is now closed for applications.
Round 3 will open July 2020.
1. Check if your child is eligible
You can apply if your child:
- is a Queensland resident aged from 5 to 17 years (inclusive) at the time of application
- did not receive a FairPlay voucher this year
- holds, or whose parent, carer or guardian holds, a valid Department of Human Services Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with the child’s name on it.
If you are currently receiving JobSeeker payments, you are eligible for a Health Care Card, and can apply for a FairPlay voucher using this card.
If you do not hold a valid Department of Human Services Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with the child’s name on it but are in genuine need of financial assistance, you will need to be referred by a registered referral agent.
Our referral agent page provides examples of positions eligible referral agents could hold. As individuals who could be referral agents are not always aware of the program, we recommend you discuss the program with someone you believe may be eligible.
2. Make sure your activity is available
Search the activity provider directory to check that:
- your chosen activity is listed
- there is a registered provider near you.
3. Read the terms and conditions
Read and understand the FairPlay voucher application terms and conditions.
4. Access the QGrants online system
Watch the video to find out how you can apply for a FairPlay voucher when the round is open.
If you are successful
If your application is successful, your voucher will appear on the screen and a copy will be sent to your registered email address (you may need to check your junk mail).