Registering as a FairPlay voucher referral agent
If you have previously been approved as a referral agent under the Get Started Vouchers program, you do not need to re-register.
Registered referral agents can assist families in genuine financial need to access FairPlay vouchers by:
- promoting the program
- helping families set up a QGrants account and apply for a voucher
- providing access to a computer
- applying for vouchers on their behalf.
They can help when:
- the child or parent/carer/guardian does not have a valid Department of Human Services Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- families with a valid Department of Human Services card require assistance to complete the online application.
Who is eligible to be a referral agent?
We want to engage with Queenslanders who regularly work with children/young people or their families.
Referral agents must be aware of the obligations for referring a child or young person to the vouchers program:
- only referring a child/young person that you have known in your professional capacity for a minimum of 3 months
- agreeing to not refer immediate family
- agreeing to not specify at which activity provider the voucher should or must be redeemed
- upon request from the Department of Housing and Public Works, be able to justify the financial reasons why the child or young person has been referred
- being aware of the privacy collection notice.
Referral agents can include:
- Youth Justice and Child Safety officers
- Community health workers
- School/deputy principal or school guidance officer
- Police officer (who works with children/families in need).
Complete the registration form
You will need to include:
- your name
- your occupation
- the organisation you work for
- your organisation's suburb
- work email address (personal email addresses are not accepted)
- how many children you want to refer.
After you apply
Once you have submitted the form, we will contact you within 10 business days with the outcome of your application.
If eligible, you will remain registered as a referral agent for the life of the program and do not need to re-register each round.