Transfer to a Queensland introduction agent licence

You must hold a Queensland licence if you offer services to clients in Queensland. You must still be licensed if you are based:

  • interstate
  • overseas
  • solely online.

However, you can apply for mutual recognition if you have a licence issued in:

  • another Australian state
  • New Zealand.

You can only apply for an equivalent licence.

You may continue to work while we process your application. However, you must:

  • follow any restrictions set out on your non-Queensland licence
  • stop working if the licence expires
  • show it to an inspector if they ask to see it.

Applying for mutual recognition

To apply, you need to: