Current charity applications and objections
From 31 January 2020, organisations that apply to register as a charity in Queensland are no longer required to advertise for objections in newspapers. We will publish a notice below for free under current application notices.
Any objections to these registrations must be lodged within 1 month after the application notice is published.
Current application notices
The following organisations have made an application for registration as a charity. Each application notice will be published here for 1 month.
For information on the charitable purpose and objects of the organisation, please email email@example.com.
Lodge an objection
Anyone can lodge an objection to the registration of an organisation as a charity.
Objections may be on the grounds that:
- the purpose of the organisation is not charitable
- the charity will not be operated in good faith
- a charity already exists for the same purpose
- the charity will not be properly administered
- an inappropriate person is connected to the charity
To lodge an objection, you must:
- complete and lodge the objection form with us
- send a copy of the form to the organisation within 7 days of submitting it to us (we recommend using registered mail)
- be able to prove to us that you have sent a copy to the organisation, if requested.
Objections must be lodged within 1 month from when the application notice is published.
Responding to objections
If your organisation gets an objection, you have 1 month to respond.
Once we have made a decision about an objection, we will advise the organisation and the objector.