Skip links and keyboard navigation

What we do

We provide a range of information and services for those who live, invest or work in a community titles scheme in Queensland.

We are committed to giving body corporate members, their committees and industry groups information and tools to help them better understand body corporate legislation, and to avoid and resolve disputes.

Under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (PDF, 2MB) (the BCCM Act), we provide:

  • an information service
  • a dispute resolution service
  • a search facility to access adjudicator's orders affecting particular community titles schemes

Information service

Our information service provides information to the community about body corporate legislation. It can help you to know your rights and obligations under the BCCM Act. If you do not have a current application your query will be referred to the information service.

Please do not email the information service. Submit an online enquiry.

The information service cannot provide legal advice, directions or rulings. We cannot help you with information on other laws.

We cannot give you information about:

We provide:


We produce a range of forms for you to use that include:

Dispute resolution service

We help parties resolve disputes under the BCCM Act through conciliation or adjudication.

You are encouraged to also read the practice directions issued by the Commissioner before proceeding through dispute resolution as they explain different aspects of the dispute process.

We ask that you use email ( to contact the dispute resolution service for new or current dispute applications. See practice direction 3—Communication and document management for more instructions on this issue.

Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980

Referees in this office can determine disputes under the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980 (PDF, 833KB) (BUGTA).

While the information service cannot provide information on BUGTA, there are forms that we produce for you to use:

Contact us

Ask a body corporate question or call the information service on 1800 060 119 (freecall).

You can also access our forms, find out the fees and read the practice directions.

Last updated
16 January 2018
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.