Skip links and keyboard navigation

Victim Assist Queensland

Victim Assist Queensland

Information and advice for victims of crime; including reporting an incident, information about help and support that is available and contacts for getting further support and advice.

Request information

Use our online form to ask us about:

  • free or low-cost counselling and other victim support services in your area
  • financial assistance and how to apply
Request information

Financial assistance

We may be able to pay for the things that will help you recover from the violent crime and its effects.

For example, counselling; medical and dental expenses; loss of earnings and safety needs.

Apply for financial assistance

Victims’ rights

Find out your rights when interacting with us and how to make a complaint if you think you’ve been treated unfairly.

What you can expect from us

Witnessing a crime

People are available to help you understand your role in reporting a violent crime and recovering from the distress.

How to report a crime

Help for support agencies

We can help your agency understand and apply victim rights; promote and support victims’ needs; and connect with other victim services.

How we can help you

Contact police in an emergency

Phone Triple Zero (000):

  • if a crime is happening now
  • when a life is threatened.

If you have a speech or hearing disability you can access the Triple Zero service via the National Relay Service on 106.

Find out other ways to report a crime.

Abuse, family matters and protection orders

Domestic and family violence is when one person in a relationship uses violence or abuse to control the other. It is usually an ongoing pattern of behaviour aimed at controlling a partner through fear.

Whether you are a young person or an older person who has been in your relationship for many years or just a short time, it's important to determine whether your relationship remains safe and respectful.

Learn more about domestic violence.

Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0)
Last updated
27 February 2018
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.