Report a crime

In an emergency

You should phone Triple Zero (000):

  • if a crime is happening now
  • when a life is threatened.

If you have a speech or hearing disability you can access the Triple Zero (000) service via the National Relay Service on 106.

Find out what happens when you call triple zero.

Non-urgent incidents

If you need police assistance, but it’s not an emergency, phone Policelink on 131 444 (24 hours, 7 days).

You can also visit your nearest police station.

Examples of non-urgent incidents include:

  • property damage
  • stealing
  • break and enters
  • stolen vehicles
  • lost property.

Information about a crime—Crime Stoppers

You can provide anonymous information about any criminal activity to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 (24 hours, 7 days).

Signs of terrorism

You can report possible signs of terrorism to the National Security Hotline on 1800 123 400 (24 hours, 7 days).

Reporting other concerns to police