Training for support agencies
Victim Assist Queensland offers free information and training sessions to government and non-government agencies who work with victims of crime. We provide information about court support, financial assistance, the rights and needs of victims and the Victims of Crime Assistance Act 2009.
- How Victim Assist can help victims of violent crime.
- Victim categories and the types of financial help available.
- Eligibility criteria for financial assistance.
- How to help your clients apply for financial assistance.
- The Charter of Victims’ Rights and how this may impact your agency, including
Court support training
We also offer free training to agencies that support victims of violent crime who need to go to court. This training covers:
- court processes
- how you can provide court support
- assisting a client make a victim impact statement.
- Read more about support services for victims of crime.
- Find out what financial help is available.
- Read the legislative changes to the Victims of Crime Assistance and other Legislation Amendment Act 2017
- Read our guide to making a victim impact statement
- Find out what court support we offer for victims of crime
- Find out about the victim coordination program.