Ask for your personal information

Information for Queensland public housing tenants.

You can apply for access to government documents, including documents that contain your personal information either by:

  • lodging an access application under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) or Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) or
  • completing the Administrative Access request form.

You can also lodge an application to amend a document containing your personal information under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) where you believe the information is incorrect, misleading, out-of-date or inaccurate.

Requests through legislation

Our Right to Information and Privacy Unit will check which documents you have asked for can be released, in accordance with the provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) or the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld). Access to some information may be refused to protect essential public interests or the personal or business affairs of other individuals.

All requests, including access to and amendment of documents through legislation can be lodged online, or by completing and returning the Right to Information and Information Privacy Access Application form to:

Right to Information and Privacy 
Legal Services 
GPO Box 2457

Administrative Access

If you are a current or former customer, you can get quick access to documents containing your personal information by applying in writing using an Administrative Access Request form (PDF, 744 KB) . You can also get the form from your nearest Housing Service Centre.

You must include a photocopy of suitable identification (for example, your driver licence) with the letter. Send the letter to your nearest Housing Service Centre.

If your request is approved, we will arrange a time for you to look at the documents.

Updates to your personal information

If your personal circumstances change (i.e. change of address, change of name due to marriage, etc) you can request that your personal information to be updated, under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld). The updated information can be written on an Administrative Access Amendment form (PDF, 1.5 MB) and attached to the original document.

If your request for administrative access is not approved, you can lodge a request through legislation.

If you believe a document containing your personal information is incorrect, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date you can lodge an amendment application with the department’s Right to Information and Privacy Unit.

What is an Authority to request or disclose personal information to external parties form?

This form allows us to contact other people (or agencies) and disclose your personal information to them so we can make sure the best services are available to you.

If you sign the form:

  • we will explain the reasons why we may be sharing your personal information
  • we will explain exactly who we may need to contact and why
  • you can set out a time frame and choose a person or organisation you want us to pass your information on to
  • you can tell us what we can and can’t talk to them about.

Your privacy

  • We manage your personal information according to the Information Privacy Principles provided in the Information Privacy Act 2009.
  • We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is collected.
  • We will use security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and other forms of misuse.