- You don’t need to wear a face mask to protect yourself from COVID-19 unless your doctor has told you to or you are caring for someone who might have COVID-19.
- The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is stay home if you are sick and wash your hands often.
- If you have been told to wear a face mask, try not to touch it while you are wearing it. If you do touch it then wash your hands.
- Do not reuse single-use masks.
- Throw the mask out straight away if you cough or sneeze into it.
- When throwing out a mask, put it into a sealed bag so others won’t touch it.
- Always wash your hands straight away after removing your mask and putting it in the bin.
For more information on using face masks in the community visit the Federal Government website.