Face masks — coronavirus (COVID-19)
There are no Public Health Directions in effect requiring you to wear a face mask.
You should consider wearing a mask:
- if you're vulnerable (at higher risk of disease)
- if you're diagnosed with COVID-19 or have symptoms of an acute respiratory infection
- if you're a close contact
- where requested by someone inside their home
You may still be asked to wear a mask
Businesses and facilities may still require masks to be worn in certain circumstances. For example:
- your general practitioner may ask you to wear a mask when in their waiting and consulting rooms
- a hospital may require you to wear a mask when visiting patients or in certain areas
- a carer may be asked to wear a mask when providing care to a vulnerable person
If you’re asked to wear a mask, we ask that you cooperate with that request.