Government valuation and property advisory services
The State Valuation Service (SVS) is the largest public sector provider of valuation and property related services in the state, employing around 140 valuers across Queensland.
We deliver land valuations and maintain the valuation roll on behalf of rateable local governments across Queensland in return for the payment of regulated fees, as well as providing specialised property advisory services and information to other government agencies.
Each year, the Valuer-General decides which local government areas need to be revalued after considering detailed market analysis and consulting with local governments and industry groups. If the Valuer-General considers that there has been insufficient market movement in a local government area to warrant an annual valuation, the most current valuation will remain in effect until the next valuation is issued.
Where a local government has not been revalued for four years, the Valuer-General has committed to including that area in the next valuation program, even if the market analysis indicates minimal change to land values.
The SVS maintains the Queensland valuation and sales database and issues maintenance valuations throughout the year in the following circumstances:
- changes to planning schemes, local laws or other local government decisions
- change of land use
- inadvertent omissions or correction of errors
- where land becomes rateable
- combining and separating valuations
- public works/services
- damage from adverse natural causes
- loss or acquisition of rights related to land
- to ensure uniformity with comparable parcels
- where part of the land ceases to be rateable.
Specialised advisory services
Our specialised advisory services include:
- asset valuations of land, buildings and infrastructure
- market valuations for property disposals (sale of surplus state land) and purchases
- easement valuations for various infrastructure providers including high-voltage transmission facilities
- market rental assessments of residential, commercial, industrial and special use premises
- resumption or acquisition valuation and negotiations
- Land Court representation for acquisitions and other matters.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.