Reports and spatial products
SLATS derived products can be downloaded from the QSpatial data portal and include spatial datasets for:
- Land cover change
- SLATS Landsat image date footprints
- Landsat woody vegetation extent
- Landsat foliage projective cover
These data have been used for projects as diverse as:
- analysis of land degradation
- updates to regional ecosystem mapping
- assessment of carbon emissions and carbon farming opportunities
- identification of land suitable for biodiversity offsets, and
- compliance monitoring.
The most recent SLATS reports are available from the links below.
The 2016–17 and 2017–18 SLATS results have been released in a single summary report and may be accessed from the link below.
Accompanying the release of the report is a regional data summary in the form of a spreadsheet. This data spreadsheet provides stakeholders with woody vegetation change summary statistics for all SLATS mapping between the first mapping period of 1988–91 and up to the most recent 2017–18 mapping period. The spreadsheet contains woody vegetation change data summaries for remnant status, replacement land cover class, repeat clearing, bioregions and sub-bioregions, drainage divisions, catchments, the Great Barrier Reef catchment, natural resource management regions and local government areas.
- 2015–16: land cover change in Queensland
- 2014–15: land cover change in Queensland
- 2012–14: land cover change in Queensland
- 2011–12: land cover change in Queensland
Visit our online library catalogue for reports prior to 2011 and search for the title of the publication you are after.
The Landsat satellite image data acquired for SLATS analysis can be downloaded for free from the United States Geological Survey earthexplorer.usgs.gov website.