How can I stay safe at home?
- DVConnect This will open (www.dvconnect.org) DVConnect is a 24-hour statewide domestic violence hotline that offers free, professional assistance such as counselling, intervention, transport and emergency accommodation for people in danger from a violent partner or family member.
- Domestic violence orders A domestic violence order (DVO) is made by a magistrate in court and can protect you and others by stopping someone from committing violence against you. Find out how a DVO can help and how to apply.
- Prepare your application for a protection order This online form is your application for a protection order. It can take an hour or more to complete. It includes questions about your situation, such as what happened, when and what protection you think you need.
- Develop a safety plan Create a safety plan for when you feel unsafe or at risk of being hurt. Read examples of how you can prepare for a time when you may be in danger and need to leave home quickly.
- Technology check-up This will open (www.esafety.gov.au) We use technology to work, socialise, exercise, bank, shop and travel, but who else has access to our information? Take the technology check-up to help put you in control.