How can I support and protect my child?
- Child protection orders Child protection orders are made by the Childrens Court when a child needs protection. Find out what a child protection order is and about the appeal process.
- Find a domestic and family violence support service These services provide assistance such as counselling and support to people affected by domestic and family violence, including children. Search for a support service near you.
- Support for young victims and witnesses of crime Victim Assist Queensland offers free support to help you get your life back on track. Find out when to ask for help and where to find support.
- Family and Child Connect Find support through this community-based service that helps families to care for and protect their children at home.
- Mental health help lines, counselling and support groups Find out how to contact a mental health service and access counselling, and where to get after hours medical help.
- Child psychological services Learn about the signs of mental illness in children and where to find a child psychological service.
- Reporting child abuse When making a report about child safety concerns, you will be asked to provide information that can help officers decide how best to respond. It is still vital you call even if you don’t have all the information. Find out how to report child abuse.