Adult proof of age card
The Adult Proof of Age Card:
- provides proof of age for Queenslanders aged 18 years or older
- is an ideal form of photo identification for people who don’t hold a driver licence or passport.
The Adult Proof of Age card has replaced the 18+ card. If you already hold an 18+ card, it is still valid.
Applying for an adult proof of age card
You can apply for an adult proof of age card at a transport and motoring customer service centre that provides licensing services.
To apply for the card you must:
- be at least 17 years and 11 months of age
- complete the adult proof of age card application (F4772)
- provide evidence of identity
- pay the fee.
If you are 18 years or over when you apply, we will post your card to your mailing address within 14 days.
If you are under 18 years of age when you apply, we will process your application and send your card to the customer service centre where you submitted your application. We will contact you when your card is available, but you will need to wait until you turn 18 before you can collect your card.